Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Summer Vacation

Before kids, my husband and I traveled quite a bit. We've traveled throughout the US, making several vacations to warm sunny states down south and also further to the Caribbean. We've made a few tours of Europe, and often had more than one trip a year.

But post-kids, we haven't been anywhere! We've traveled separately to conferences and to a few girlfriend/guys weekends here and there. Dave and I also did one weekend away to Toronto to visit friends, and a couple of short overnight trips. But, we haven't had a real vacation in a long, long time.

So this year we are actually going to take a real family vacation. Our kids are big enough that we won't have to worry about naps, and they will enjoy traveling. In fact, we may even take two vacations! We've started looking at locations and booking rooms so I think it will actually happen.

Right now it seems difficult to imagine actually getting away from everything for at least a whole week. But that is really a silly thought. Am I that important that the world can't do without me for a week? Of course not- and I will be better at what I do because of taking a break.

When was your last vacation?