Thursday, March 27, 2008

Returning Favors

I would love to say that my willingness to help others is completely altruistic. It really is to some extent. I do like helping others! But, I have to admit that much of my willingness to help out others, with their kids in particular, is in an attempt to rack up favors that I may need returned someday. Is that bad? Or just insightful planning?

This week I gave up my day off to help out my sister-in-law who took a last minute trip with her husband. She needed some help with her one-year old while I was out of town and I took the kids up to stay at the in-laws to help out.

In addition to helping my sister-in-law, the kids had a great time visiting their grandparents. And it fun to be around a baby for a bit. So racking up favors wasn't my only intention. Just my main one, is that so bad?