Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring!

We live in the Midwest and are fully exposed to all four seasons. While in the depths of winter I often think I'd enjoy a warmer climate, I actually do enjoy the chance to experience the cold and snow. It is fun to get bundled up occasionally and play in the snow. And looking out over a snow covered lawn while sitting by a warm fire inside has to be one of the most "comfy" moments you can have.

But the best part of winter is that it makes you truly appreciate the coming of Spring. While an April snowstorm is not unusual in Ohio, for the most part the weather has made a turn for the better. It is warm and sunny today and the kids have enjoyed an entire day outside. It is almost as if Spring comes just as we can hardly stand to be inside any longer.

Spring brings out a lot of excitement as the leaves return to the trees, flowers bloom, outdoor sports activities start and for me, a slow down in work! As I approach the summer, my new career plan to pursue full-time college teaching means I will pretty much have the summer off. I will be teaching a summer class, and will continue some research and writing. But, for the most part I am free to do as I please. And this summer I plan to relax and enjoy myself and the kids as much as I can!