Saturday, February 23, 2008

Secret Life of a Soccer Mom

The Learning Channel (TLC) debuts a new reality show next week that gives a stay-at-home mom a glimpse at the career she dreamed of before making the choice to stay home. (Read more here, airs on Monday, March 3 at 10pm).

I'm planning to watch as I am curious where they are going with the show. Is it to show us that no career matches the joy of staying at home? Or to allow those at home to think about what they might be missing from a career standpoint? Or is it just another reality show that will find the drama where it can?

They report that at the end of the show the featured mom will make a decision as to whether she will begin her new 'dual' life as a working mom, or if she will return home. There are so many issues related to this decision, I am curious to see how they address it. Will they explore the financial impact of the decision? Look at self-esteem issues? Explore the kids' reactions?

I guess they have at least lured me to watch it. Will let you know what I think once I see it.