Sunday, March 8, 2009

Rainy day

I love Sundays around my house. I enjoy getting up and not having to be anywhere. It doesn't happen every week, but more often than not, Sunday is a free day for us. My kids call them 'stay home days.' Today was a rainy day, which I actually enjoy even more. There is something about being snug in your home with your family while it rains (or snows) outside, and knowing that you don't need to go anywhere.

Today was very productive, although that is not a requirement for a free day. Sometimes an unproductive day is even more fun. Just playing games, reading, or catching some TV is a good way to enjoy a day. But I have a busy week ahead of me and getting some things done around the house today will make the week go a little easier.

We probably should make an effort to plan more free days. Sometimes I regret the fact that we even need to plan to get a free day. Our lives are generally over scheduled, over planned. But unlike many families I know, at least we do get our free days in.